Meat Care in the Field
Meat care in the field with EatWild: How to field dress and break down an animal, transport and care for meat in the field.
Dylan Eyers will deliver an overview of caring for game meat to ensure that it provides delicious, memorable meals for you, your family, and your friends. The meat has a long journey from the field to the table, and you will see how to get most out of your harvest.
Dylan will show his process for:
- Gutting an animal
- Tips for keeping game meat clean and cool
- Breaking and animal down into manageable size pieces – deboning an animal
- How to backpack an animal – meat packing tips
- Tips for moving a whole animal (towing an animal)
- Skinning an animal
- Hanging and ageing meat in the field
- Bugs and warm temperatures
- Game bags
- Packing out all the edibles – what about the tongue, liver, and heart?
For Dylan Eyers, hunting has always been about two things: creating a community around food and connecting with nature. It’s a philosophy he picked up from a long line of hunters, and it’s one that he’s proud to pass on to new generations.
His maternal grandfather, Wally, was a Métis fur trapper… Read More »
Location MapMap Unavailable
These webinars will be delivered through a Zoom meeting. The invitation will be sent out prior to the event.
If you do not see it, please check your junkmail.
Questions or Comments
Please email our event coordinator at email@example.com. We aim to respond within 24 hours on business days.