One of the most exciting ways to hunt game is to talk to them. In this webinar, we will share techniques you can get animals to respond so you can locate them, and with practice, you can encourage and them to approach you. Effective calling starts with the right set up. Dylan will review how to set up, how to call, and what to do when it’s time to put the stalk on the critter.
In this clinic we will cover:
- Elk behaviour during the calling season
- Rut timing
- Pre-rut, rut, and post-rut calling strategies
- Spot and stalk elk hunting scenarios
- Cow calling technics
- Bull calling technics
- Location techniques
- How to set up for calling
- Why do bulls get hung up?
- Closing the distance
- Strategies for hunting with a partner
- When to take the shot
- When to pull back and try again another time
- And a handful of elk hunting success stories and epic failures too
For Dylan Eyers, hunting has always been about two things: creating a community around food and connecting with nature. It’s a philosophy he picked up from a long line of hunters, and it’s one that he’s proud to pass on to new generations.
His maternal grandfather, Wally, was a Métis fur trapper… Read More »
Location MapMap Unavailable
These webinars will be delivered through a Zoom meeting. The invitation will be sent out prior to the event.
If you do not see it, please check your junkmail.
Questions or Comments
Please email our event coordinator at email@example.com. We aim to respond within 24 hours on business days.