This live Webinar will be a combination of lecturing, video, slides and interaction with the class. Our course content will be comprehensive but we recommend that students purchase the CORE manual (not included). The manual can be purchased here.
Testing is not offered as part of this course. Students will need to coordinate with a Core examiner to challenge the exam in their local area or register for the EatWild challenge separately. For more information click here.
In order to become a hunter, BC residents must complete the Conservation Outdoor Recreation Education Program (CORE). The CORE program provides an overview of the hunting laws, ethics, animal identification, and firearm safety.
The EatWild CORE class is delivered over sixteen hours of Zoom instruction. EatWild offers an additional four hours of how-to-hunt videos and educational podcast material free of charge.
Please review these videos and podcasts in addition to attending the scheduled Zoom time:
- Orienteering- getting back to the truck or camp
- EatWild – Lost in the woods
- EatWild – Where do I aim at a deer? – shot placement
- EatWild – How to Field Dress a Deer (Gutting a Deer) V2
- EatWild – How to hang and skin a deer on the meat pole
- EatWild – How to Find Game After the Shot – Elk Hunt in the Rockies
- EatWild – Picking up the blood trail
- EatWild – Skinning and Boning Out a Deer – How to Backpack an Animal Out from the Field
- Meat Care – Packing, Hanging, and Transporting Game
- EatWild – Sheep Hunting Country – Camp, Food Cache, Hiking and Spotting Sheep
- EatWild – What Rifle Should I Buy? – Part 1 Caliber
- EatWild – What Rifle Should I Buy? Part 2 – Choosing a Gun
- EatWild Podcast 15 – Safety in the mountains
- EatWild – Still Hunting Techniques
- EatWild – Spot and Stalk – AliasCinema
- EatWild – Alpine Hunting Camp Setup
- EatWild – Towing or Dragging a Deer Back to the Truck
- Preparing for a Backpack Hunt – What’s in my pack
Additional how-to-hunt content:
- EatWild – Packing a Backpack
- Storm is coming – How to set up a tarp
- EatWild – Climbing Up the Mountain – Route Finding and Terrain Assessment in the Alpine
- EatWild – How to Butcher a Deer at Home – Cut and Wrap for the Freezer
- Listen to the EatWild Podcast
Location MapMap Unavailable
Click here to view our upcoming course schedule. From the schedule, you can view availability and register for your preferred course. Keep in mind the course date is the starting date, pay attention to the structure of the course. We run courses over three consecutive weekdays or over a weekend.
Questions or Comments
Please email our event coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond within 24 hours on business days.