Instructed by Charles Mercanti
Join EatWild for a hunter-oriented firearms training course. Our PAL course is designed to ensure new hunters can build the confidence, knowledge, and skills to safely and effectively use firearms.
CFSC is an introductory firearm safety course intended for all new firearms users and as a prerequisite for obtaining a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) for Non-restricted firearms. This course provides students with the knowledge of firearm laws and confidence for safe-handling. Our classes provide a relaxed and friendly class atmosphere where beginners won’t feel intimidated.
This course mainly focuses on firearms which are classed as “Non-Restricted”. This group is comprised mainly of rifles and shotguns that are commonly used for hunting and target shooting.
To ensure that our students meet the full requirements of the Canadian Firearms Program and in accordance our authorization from the RCMP to provide the CFSC, the course consists of 10 hours classroom training time in Vancouver, BC, not including breaks or exam time. The course is offered over one long day.
We ask that our students come prepared with snacks and bagged lunch that they can eat while in class.
By successfully completing the PAL, and passing both the written and practical tests, participants will be able to:
- Handle Non-Restricted firearms and ammunition safely
- Use, store and transport Non-Restricted firearms and ammunition safely and responsibly
- Apply for a Non-Restricted Firearms Licence (PAL) having received the required “Safety Training Certification.”
- Complete their BC Hunter Education Course (CORE) without having to take the CORE Practical Firearms Exam
- Go on to take the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC)
Registration and Costs
Course costs are $150 per person. Bring snacks, water, and lunch and be prepared for a long classroom day. To meet the class time requirements for the CFSC, we will not be able to break and leave the classroom for lunch. So it’s a learning lunch!
Event full! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for waitlist.