Instructed by Charles Mercanti
Join EatWild for a hunter-oriented firearms training course. Our PAL / RPAL course is designed to ensure new hunters can build the confidence, knowledge, and skills to safely and effectively use firearms.
CFSC / CRFSC is an introductory firearm safety course intended for all new firearms users and as a prerequisite for obtaining a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL / RPAL) for non-restricted (hunting rifles, shotguns, etc.) AND restricted firearms (pistols, black rifles, etc.). This course provides students with the knowledge of firearm laws and confidence for safe-handling. Our classes provide a relaxed and friendly class atmosphere where beginners won’t feel intimidated.
To ensure that our students meet the full requirements of the Canadian Firearms Program and in accordance our authorization from the RCMP to provide the CFSC, the course consists of two seven hour class room sessions, not including breaks or exam time. The course is offered over one weekend (Saturday and Sunday).
We ask that our students come prepared with snacks and bagged lunch that they can eat while in class.
By successfully completing the PAL, and passing both the written and practical tests, participants will be able to:
- Handle Restricted and Non-Restricted firearms and ammunition safely
- Use, store and transport Restricted and Non-Restricted firearms and ammunition safely and responsibly
- Apply for a Restricted and Non-Restricted Firearms Licence (RPAL / PAL) having received the required “Safety Training Certification”
- Complete their BC Hunter Education Course (CORE) without having to take the CORE Practical Firearms Exam
- Completes testing requirements for CFSC and CRFSC in one course
Registration and Costs
Course costs are $200 per person. This course is run over a weekend. Bring snacks, water and lunch. Course includes testing and certification. To get your final PAL / RPAL you will have to prepare a package of information to apply to the Federal Government for a background check. This could take two – six months.